Fair Division of Land
As the world becomes more crowded, we need methods for fair division of land. The starting point of my research is the classic challenge of Fair cake-cutting. My goal is to generalize this framework in various ways in order to make it more applicable to division of land.
Publications and working papers
- "Waste Makes Haste - Bounded Time Protocols for Envy-Free Cake Cutting with Free Disposal": Erel Segal-Halevi, Avinatan Hassidim, Yonatan Aumann. ACM Transactions on Algorithms (TALG), 2016, pages 12:1-12:32. Preliminary versions: AAMAS 2015 and arXiv 2016. → Presentation
- "Fair Cake-cutting among Families": Erel Segal-Halevi, Shmuel Nitzan. Major revision in Social Choice and Welfare; extensions and improvements are welcome.
- "How to re-divide a cake fairly": Erel Segal-Halevi. Working paper; collaborators are welcome.
- "Cutting a Cake without Harming the Toppings": Arseniy Akopyan, Erel Segal-Halevi. Working paper.
- "Fair and Square - Cake-Cutting in Two Dimensions": Erel Segal-Halevi, Shmuel Nitzan, Avinatan Hassidim, Yonatan Aumann. Journal of Mathematical Economics (JME), 2016, 70 pages 1-28. “The paper is now a full treatise on the subject, with enough material to fill three or four regular length articles” (–an anonymous reviewer). Preliminary versions: EuroCG 2016 (4 pages) and arXiv 2016 (54 pages). → Live demo → Presentation
- "Resource-monotonicity and Population-monotonicity in Connected Cake-cutting": Erel Segal-Halevi, Balázs Sziklai. Working paper.