As the world becomes more crowded, we need methods for fair division of land. The starting point of my research is the classic challenge of Fair cake-cutting. My goal is to generalize this framework in various ways in order to make it more applicable to division of land.
Publications and working papers
- "Waste Makes Haste - Bounded Time Protocols for Envy-Free Cake Cutting with Free Disposal": Erel Segal-Halevi, Avinatan Hassidim, Yonatan Aumann. ACM Transactions on Algorithms (TALG), 2016, pages 12:1-12:32. Preliminary versions: AAMAS 2015 and arXiv 2016.
- "Resource-monotonicity and Population-monotonicity in Cake-cutting": Erel Segal-Halevi, Balázs Sziklai. Presented in GAM-SOC 2015, SCW 2016 and GAMES 2016. Working paper.
- "Fair Cake-cutting among Families": Erel Segal-Halevi, Shmuel Nitzan. Major revision in Social Choice and Welfare; extensions and improvements are welcome.
- "How to re-divide a cake fairly": Erel Segal-Halevi. Working paper; collaborators are welcome.
- "Fair and Square - Cake-Cutting in Two Dimensions": Erel Segal-Halevi, Shmuel Nitzan, Avinatan Hassidim, Yonatan Aumann. Journal of Mathematical Economics (JME), 2016, 70 pages 1-28. “The paper is now a full treatise on the subject, with enough material to fill three or four regular length articles” (–an anonymous reviewer). Preliminary versions: EuroCG 2016 (4 pages) and arXiv 2016 (54 pages).
- "Resource-monotonicity and Population-monotonicity in Connected Cake-cutting": Erel Segal-Halevi, Balázs Sziklai. Working paper.
- "Fairly Dividing a Cake after Some Parts were Burnt in the Oven": Erel Segal-Halevi. Working paper shows full solution for 3 agents; looking for collaborators and ideas for extending to 4 or more agents.
- "Fair Division of Land (Ph.D. Thesis)": Erel Segal-Halevi (supervised by Yonatan Aumann and Avinatan Hassidim). Submitted version.